Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back in the Field

After 1.3 inches of late night/early morning rain, we're back in the field today...just not the field we were in yesterday. With at least three days of ground-drying weather needed before we can begin cutting our sorghum again, we've decided to try cutting and chopping bermudagrass. Our guys should have the hayfield cut by mid-afternoon and we ought to know if this is going to work by quitting time this evening. If it'll chop up good enough to ensile in our pit, we should be able to get it knocked out tomorrow, run through our sudex field on Friday, and resume the sorghum chopping somewhere between Saturday and Monday.

If the bermudagrass won't chop like we need it to, we'll fluff it and let it dry out for a few days and then probably dry bale it Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

No comments: